Tuesday, February 14, 2012

show some love


       Greetings! and Happy Valentines Day to you all-

       The color of red appeared all over today. Everyone seemed to be planning to do nice things for other people. I went into the Safeway grocery store. And, Woah! Men were swarming all over in that place. Gazing at flowers and trying to decide which would be the best to give their sweet heart. The red roses were of course long gone from sight- probably snatched up in the morning hours by fortunate early birds. I saw one man gazing through the flower cooler/fridge and over-heard him asking his friend,
       "Do you think those flowers are even real!?"
       "Well do you think they'd keep 'em in a fridge if they weren't?" his friend replied.
       "No, I guess not.." he bought the yellow lily arrangement.
       I went to get some margarine and then went back to pick out some roses the color of mango interior for my wonderful Mom. As I stood in line a lady was explaining how she was getting chicken wings for her husband because she he would love that much more than flowers! Very true, Lady.
       After Safeway I stopped at Wal-mart, a busy place as well. Not so many people buying flowers there tho'. Mostly chocolates and other red things. The lines were looong. I stood in one for awhile, only to be informed that "Actually this till isn't open anymore." Thank-you very much! I will join another long line. I did. After 7 minutes of waiting, (it was maybe only 4) a polite voice spoke to me.
       "Do you have any weighables?" it said.
       "Uuh-no I guess I don't." said I.
       "I can help you over here, then." the elderly lady said.
Relief.
I snuck over to the jewelry counter where she scanned all my dairy products that I was buying for my family of four boys & a Mom. (Dad is in Steinbach, MB, presently) I paid for it and together we put the stuff into gray bags. I smiled and told her to have a nice day as I walked away.
       "You made my day better than you might have imagined, Lady. Thanks.." I thought to myself.

                                                               . . . .

2 comments:

  1. we never know when or how someone else will glean from a kind deed we say or do...and they will be reminded of Gods love through us. I say with you "kind lady".

    ReplyDelete
  2. So then if we are always showing God's love to those around- God can use us in whatever way he sees fit! And most of the time it is a positive way. iAgree with you..

    ReplyDelete