Monday, January 28, 2013

X-country ski & welcome humanity



     Hello people that I used to feel more acquainted with.. I could give many reasons as to why I haven't written a blog post for so long but I won't get into excuses. I'll just be thankful that I'm finding the time to post this right now.
     Today I did not have to go to work so that felt grand. I slept in. Gratefully. Then arose to have breakfast with the other late-risers, Jillisa & James by name. Toast and bacon suited me fine. Then my Dad suggested we take our cross country skis and go down to the valley. Dad bought our family each a pair of skis for Christmas and I tell you- they are enjoyable.. My littlest bro Chib spends many hours on the skis. Even now as I sit inside in the warmth of this house, he is out there in the wind with skis strapped to his feet. Funny child. Anyway, Mom & Dad, James & his wife, and I loaded up skis and went to the valley. We started at the top of the valley and zoomed down. Mom drove the pickup to the bottom and joined us there. We then spent some happy hours winding thru the valley, sometimes atop the frozen river. Zeeba, the family dog, enjoyed sniffing out all the wildlife and racing thru deep snow, fun to watch. James and I packed some hot tea and a lil snack in a back-pack so that was enjoyed half way through our trek.
      After the ski, James' invited me to town with them. We went to the bank and shopped groceries. Also went to Fatburger for hand scooped shakes, burgers, and Caesar Salad. Fatburger just opened in Camrose within the last 2 weeks and it has become a favorite.
      Tonight I'm going to help set up tables and chairs, etc. for a senior's supper that our youth group is putting on tomorrow. Thank you for reading this post and I hope to be a little more faithful with blogging in the future.

2 comments:

  1. so greatly surprised to see a new post....love, love, love it but love you most! perfect family time eh? I'd never keep up with the likes of you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dear, are you in fact visiting this site regularly, if so after that you will definitely obtain pleasant experience.


    Have a look at my weblog ... .cedarfinance.com

    ReplyDelete