Sunday, April 29, 2012

like a tree


I step outside and stop; to stare
At a tree with arms raised, in the air
It stands- so strong
With roots down deep
Its majesty! my soul doth leap
In fall, the big tree sheds its leaves
To prepare for long winter eves
When cold wind brings the snow so cold
And clouds across the sky have rolled
To put this tree up to the test
Will it die & fall? or conquer best?
It just stands strong, soon winter ends
The tree shows Life- the branches bend
Toward the sun of spring, oh Joy!
The birds in chorus sing
To praise the Lord, He made this all
The small things and the very tall
Obey his voice and do their job
But I, too often, just ignore
The glories that God has in store
For me! This sinner here below
I know I don't deserve it, no
Please help me, Lord
When burdened down
To think of that tree
And just stand strong


J. Jon S.

2 comments: